Shxw’ōwhámél Ventures Site Security Position
Who we are.
Shxw’ōwhámél Ventures is a proud Indigenous owned and operated construction company based within Shxw’ōwhámél First Nation traditional territory in Hope, BC. We work on various projects including with our industry-leading partners, to deliver high-quality construction services throughout the Fraser Valley and beyond.
Shxw’ōwhámél Ventures is looking for great candidates to join our team in a Site Security position. This is an entry-level position within our team, reporting to the site manager. We will, however, be continuously investing in your training, skills development, and mentorship. Who knows where this experience may lead? The opportunity will be there for you with Shxw’ōwhámél Ventures as you gain valuable experience within your role.
Our Site Security workers perform work outside in all weather conditions, rain or shine, ensuring our worksites (and in some cases, living quarters) remain safe and secure. Some examples of what we will expect you can do:
• Provide excellent interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication
• Be prepared to work in a variety of all-season work environments
• Provide top-quality security at various construction sites throughout the Fraser Valley region
• Maintain a high level of security for employees and guests
• Conduct effective patrolling of the premises to detect, deter, observe, and report any
building and patron’s security and safety concerns.
• Respond to emergency situations (security or medical), and provide assistance to the
public and liaise between various agencies
• Document and report as required daily reports for client's information and follow up
We expect to train you on all our site-specific requirements, but we do expect you to bring these essentials:
Your application was submitted successfully.